The browser you are using is not supported. Please consider using a modern browser.
The Louis and Phyllis Friedman Building
This new three-story inpatient facility and main entrance to the hospital will feature two acute care units containing 60 patient rooms. The new patient rooms are twice the size and feature advanced technology that will benefit patients, families, and medical teams.
The Promise I Make ...
“ To patients and families is to treat and respect them as if they were my own loved one. ”Donor Story
“The promise I make to patients and families is to treat and respect them as if they were my own loved one.”
The Sandra R. Berman Pavilion
The Sandra R. Berman Pavilion will become the new home of the Sandra and Malcolm Berman Cancer Institute at GBMC, and will consolidate all cancer care services for the convenience of our oncology patients.
The Promise I Make ...
“ To my patients and families is to care of them as I would my own children, husband or mother. Having surgery is scary, and the best thing I can do for my patient is to assist them in feeling safe and comfortable being in my care. ”Donor Story
Jennifer Gall, BSN, RN, CNOR
“The promise I make to my patients and families is to care of them as I would my own children, husband or mother. Having surgery is scary, and the best thing I can do for my patient is to assist them in feeling safe and comfortable being in my care and the care of my team.”
Space to be Surrounded by Loved Ones.
Click and drag Drag to pan around the room.
The Most Advanced Facility of its Kind.
As we plan for the optimization of our hospital, we are incorporating lessons learned as a result of COVID-19. Now, we will also have the most advanced facility for large-scale emergencies. We will come out of this stronger and more prepared than before as we build on GBMC’s strengths, together.
We Can't Do It Alone.
By donating any amount, you become a part of the promise for generations to come.
GBMC is Your Hospital.
Today, GBMC remains the only community-owned hospital in Baltimore. Our intentional decision to remain independent is paramount to our mission and our promise to deliver the best healthcare at a better cost that meets the needs of our entire community, at all levels of income. Now is our time to build even stronger.
Making Our Vision a Reality.
We are determined for our promise to stand the test of time. But we can not do it alone. We are all a part of the promise. And now is our time to build even stronger.
Become Part of the Promise.
Now is the time for us to build on our existing strength together. By donating and volunteering, you can become a part of the promise for generations to come.Donate Now
Naming, Principal Funding, and Sponsorship Opportunities are available. Leadership gifts can be paid over an agreeable timeframe within five years to support GBMC.Contact Us
The Promise Project would not be possible without the following individuals, organizations and foundations. We thank them for their generosity and vision.
- Theodore and Kristin Bauer
- Charles T. Bauer Charitable Foundation
- Sandra and Malcolm Berman
- Milton J. Dance Jr. Endowment, Inc.
- Louis and Phyllis Friedman
- GBMC Volunteer Auxiliary
- Fran and Mark Harris
- Estate of William C. Higinbothom
- The Kahlert Foundation, Inc.
- The Bob & Renee Parsons Foundation
- Presbyterian Eye, Ear, and Throat Charity Hospital
- Mr. and Mrs. Richard F. Price
- Mrs. Eleanor Requard
- Ruth Carol Fund
- David D. Smith Family Foundation
- Women's Hospital Foundation
- Kurt and Jeanne Aarsand
- Anonymous (3)
- Nancy and Preston Athey
- Mr. and Mrs. Robert Aumiller
- Ellen and Ed Bernard
- The Bond-Burdette-Tompkins Family
- Thomas and Barbara Bozzuto
- Sana and Andy Brooks
- Brown Advisory
- Drs. Tracey and John Chessare
- Gary I. Cohen, MD
- Dr. Mary Louise and Mr. Carville Collins
- Ms. Valerie Price Davis
- Betty H. Dempster
- Mr. and Mrs. Daniel F. Dent
- Mr. and Mrs. Charles C. Fenwick Jr.
- Jerry and Michele Focas
- Mr. and Mrs. Donald A. Greenawalt Jr.
- Lexie and John Greene
- Benjamin H. Griswold, IV
- Dr. and Mrs. Francis C. Grumbine
- Frederick and Nancy Hudson
- Dr. and Mrs. Victor Khouzami
- Ms. Jocelyn McCausland
- Ashton and Rebecca Newhall
- Riggs, Counselman, Michaels & Downes, Inc.
- Mr. George A. Roche
- Brian and Mary Jo Rogers
- Herman & Walter Samuelson Foundation
- Dr. and Mrs. John R. Saunders Jr.
- James and Jacqueline Stradtner
- T. Rowe Price Foundation, Inc.
- Marion G. Thompson
- Mr. Robert A. Wright
- Philip A. Zaffere Foundation, Inc.
- Delbert and Gina Adams
- Herbert and Joanne Belgrad
- Heidi Kenny-Berman, Esq. and Mr. Steve L. Berman
- Laurie Reynolds Beyer
- Dr. Melvin S. Blanchard and Dr. Erica N. Johnson
- Blavatt Glazer Cogan Foundation Inc.
- Board of Lady Managers of the Presbyterian Eye, Ear & Throat Charity Hospital
- Wallace H. Campbell & Company, Inc.
- Drs. Paul and Shivaun Celano
- The Charlesmead Foundation
- Mr. and Mrs. Gordon D. Christmyer
- Terry and Jenny Coldiron
- Howard P. Colhoun Family Foundation
- Mr. and Mrs. Beverley C. Compton Jr.
- Dr. Margaret A. Cyzeski
- Drs. Robert and Laura Donegan
- DPR Construction
- Dr. Kelly Ellis and Mr. Shawn Ellis
- Dr. Laura M. Erdman and Mr. Ronald Erdman
- Dr. Roluardo L. Falcon-Melendez
- Dr. Kevin S. Ferentz and Lisa Ferentz, LCSW-C, DAPA
- First National Bank
- Dr. and Mrs. John L. Flowers
- GBMC Medical Staff
- GBMC Ophthalmology Educational Foundation, Inc.
- Arnold & Deborah Gerber Family Foundation
- Peter J. Golueke Foundation Inc.
- Patricia S. Gordes
- J. Christopher Greenawalt, MD
- Gregory Foundation Fund of Baltimore Community Foundation
- Dr. Charles A. Haile and Ms. Katherine Nelson
- Deborah L. Hebb, MD
- Hord Coplan Macht, Inc.
- Huether-McClelland Foundation
- Dr. Lillian Hunter and Mr. David Hunter
- Dr. JoAnn Z. Ioannou
- Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson
- Ms. Rodica I. Johnson
- Dr. and Mrs. Brian Kaplan
- Kimberly Kesler O'Rourke, MD
- Pedie and Robert Killebrew
- Kenneth and Nancy Klueh
- Dr. and Mrs. Stewart Koehler
- Dr. Theda C. Kontis and Dr. David E. Tunkel
- Judy and Peter Blum Kovler Foundation
- KPMG, LLP
- Mr. and Mrs. Timothy L. Krongard
- Sarellen and Dr. Marshall Levine
- Shirley Z. Lewis
- Thomas H. Maddux, III
- Susan F. Martielli
- State of Maryland
- Stacey L. McGreevy
- Dr. and Mrs. James Mersey
- Mr. and Mrs. Anthony Milando
- Patricia J. Mitchell
- Robin Motter-Mast, DO
- Mr. and Mrs. Edwin R. Mowbray, III
- Mr. J. William Murray
- Geoffrey Neuner, MD
- Thomas and Lynne O'Donnell
- Dr. Robert and Patricia Palermo
- Anna-Maria and Ray Palmer
- Richard S. Reynolds Foundation
- Dr. W. Anthony and Jeanne Riley
- Dr. and Mrs. Francis Rotolo
- Dr. Lauren A. Schnaper and Dr. James Carlton
- Mr. and Mrs. Stephen T. Scott
- Dr. Howard and Barbara Siegel
- Mrs. Lydia H. Stickley
- Alan J. Tapper, MD
- Faith and Nathaniel Thomas
- Steven and Audrey Thomas
- Dr. Harold J. Tucker and Dr. Roberta Tucker
- Dr. Ron and Lissen Tutrone
- Patricia Volker
- Mr. and Mrs. Michael E. Yaggy, Esq.