The browser you are using is not supported. Please consider using a modern browser.
This new 3-story addition to the main hospital will feature two acute care units containing 60 patient rooms. The new patient rooms are twice the size and feature advanced technology that will benefit patients, families, and medical teams.
GBMC is fortunate to have many thoughtful physicians who elevate their commitment to patient care by giving back. For leading physician partners at Perinatal Associates, this type of commitment has historically been a team effort, and a gift to The Promise Project is no different.
“For myself, [Dr. Lillian] Hunter and [Dr. Kimberly] Kesler-O’Rourke, GBMC has been the only place we’ve ever practiced,” Dr. Khouzami said. “[Dr. Margaret] Cyzeski trained at GBMC before leaving for a few years and then returned to practice with us. After committing my support to The Promise Project, I met with them to share my views and thoughts for how they could support as well. Everybody was in agreement. We want to support the future of GBMC and lead by example for other physicians.”
The Sandra R. Berman Pavilion will become the new home of The Sandra and Malcolm Berman Cancer Institute at GBMC, and will consolidate all of our cancer care services for the convenience of our oncology patients.
I Am Part of the Promise.
“ My commitment to The Promise Project is a natural reflection of my focus on providing excellence in all aspects of patient care and will allow GBMC providers to execute on the mission of premier patient care for our community. ”Donor Story
Tanvi M. Shah
As doctors, we spend years training ourselves professionally to deal with the most complex of diseases with state-of-the-art care, empathy, and compassion. Despite all this preparation, I find myself continually challenged in unexpected and unanticipated ways. This last year was particularly meaningful having a close family member diagnosed with breast cancer. Despite the emotional toll this news has had on myself and my family, I have a renewed and invigorated focus in providing excellence in all aspects of patient care. My commitment to the GBMC Promise Project is a natural reflection of this and will allow our providers to execute on the mission of premier patient care for our community.
Space to be Surrounded by Loved Ones.
Click and drag Drag to pan around the room.
The Most Advanced Facility of its Kind.
As we plan for the optimization of our hospital, we are incorporating lessons learned as a result of COVID-19. Now, we will also have the most advanced facility for large-scale emergencies. We will come out of this stronger and more prepared than before as we build on GBMC’s strengths, together.
GBMC is Your Hospital.
Today, GBMC remains the only community-owned hospital in Baltimore. Our intentional decision to remain independent is paramount to our mission and our promise to deliver the best healthcare at a better cost that meets the needs of our entire community, at all levels of income. Now is our time to build even stronger.
Making Our Vision a Reality.
We are determined for our promise to stand the test of time. But we can not do it alone. We are all a part of the promise. And now is our time to build even stronger.
Become Part of the Promise.
Now is the time for us to build on our existing strength together. By donating and volunteering, you can become a part of the promise for generations to come.Donate Now
Naming, Principal Funding, and Sponsorship Opportunities are available. Leadership gifts can be paid over an agreeable timeframe within five years to support GBMC.Contact Us
The Promise Project would not be possible without the following individuals, organizations and foundations. We thank them for their generosity and vision.
- Theodore and Kristin Bauer
- Charles T. Bauer Charitable Foundation
- Sandra and Malcolm Berman
- Milton J. Dance Jr. Endowment, Inc.
- GBMC Volunteer Auxiliary
- Fran and Mark Harris
- Estate of William C. Higinbothom
- The Kahlert Foundation, Inc.
- The Bob & Renee Parsons Foundation
- Presbyterian Eye, Ear, and Throat Charity Hospital
- Mr. and Mrs. Richard F. Price
- Mrs. Eleanor Requard
- Ruth Carol Fund
- David D. Smith Family Foundation
- Women's Hospital Foundation
- Kurt and Jeanne Aarsand
- Anonymous (3)
- Nancy and Preston Athey
- Mr. and Mrs. Robert Aumiller
- Ellen and Ed Bernard
- The Bond-Burdette-Tompkins Family
- Sana and Andy Brooks
- Brown Advisory
- Drs. Tracey and John Chessare
- Dr. Mary Louise and Mr. Carville Collins
- Ms. Valerie Price Davis
- Mr. and Mrs. Daniel F. Dent
- Jerry and Michele Focas
- Louis and Phyllis Friedman Foundation, Inc.
- Mr. and Mrs. Donald A. Greenawalt Jr.
- Mr. and Mrs. Frederick M. Hudson
- Dr. and Mrs. Victor Khouzami
- Ms. Jocelyn McCausland
- Riggs, Counselman, Michaels & Downes, Inc.
- Brian and Mary Jo Rogers
- Dr. and Mrs. John R. Saunders Jr.
- James and Jacqueline Stradtner
- T. Rowe Price Foundation, Inc.
- Marion G. Thompson
- Mr. Robert A. Wright
- Philip A. Zaffere Foundation, Inc.
- Delbert and Gina Adams
- Mr. and Mrs. Herbert J. Belgrad
- Heidi Kenny-Berman, Esq. and Mr. Steve L. Berman
- Laurie Reynolds Beyer
- Dr. Melvin S. Blanchard and Dr. Erica N. Johnson
- Board of Lady Managers of the Presbyterian Eye, Ear & Throat Charity Hospital
- Thomas and Barbara Bozzuto
- Wallace H. Campbell & Company, Inc.
- Drs. Paul and Shivaun Celano
- The Charlesmead Foundation
- Mr. and Mrs. Gordon D. Christmyer
- Terry and Jenny Coldiron
- Howard P. Colhoun Family Foundation
- Mr. and Mrs. Beverley C. Compton Jr.
- Dr. Margaret A. Cyzeski
- Dr. Kelly Ellis and Mr. Shawn Ellis
- Dr. Laura M. Erdman and Mr. Ronald Erdman
- Dr. Roluardo L. Falcon-Melendez
- Mr. and Mrs. Charles C. Fenwick Jr.
- First National Bank
- Mr. Thomas Fitzsimmons
- Dr. and Mrs. John L. Flowers
- GBMC Medical Staff
- GBMC Ophthalmology Educational Foundation, Inc.
- Mrs. Patricia Gordes
- J. Christopher Greenawalt, MD
- Gregory Foundation Fund of Baltimore Community Foundation
- Benjamin H. Griswold, IV
- Dr. and Mrs. Francis C. Grumbine
- Dr. Charles A. Haile and Ms. Katherine Nelson
- Huether-McClelland Foundation
- Dr. Lillian Hunter and Mr. David Hunter
- Dr. JoAnn Z. Ioannou
- Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson
- Ms. Rodica I. Johnson
- Dr. and Mrs. Brian Kaplan
- Kimberly Kesler O'Rourke, MD
- Pedie and Robert Killebrew
- Kenneth and Nancy Klueh
- Dr. Theda C. Kontis and Dr. David E. Tunkel
- Judy and Peter Blum Kovler Foundation
- KPMG, LLP
- Mr. and Mrs. Timothy L. Krongard
- Sarellen and Dr. Marshall Levine
- Shirley Lewis
- Mr. Thomas H. Maddux, III
- Susan F. Martielli
- State of Maryland
- Stacey L. McGreevy
- Dr. and Mrs. James Mersey
- Mr. and Mrs. Anthony Milando
- Patricia J. Mitchell
- Robin Motter-Mast, D.O.
- Mr. and Mrs. Edwin R. Mowbray, III
- Mr. J. William Murray
- Mr. Ashton Newhall
- Thomas and Lynne O'Donnell
- Dr. Robert and Patricia Palermo
- Anna-Maria and Ray Palmer
- Dr. W. Anthony and Jeanne Riley
- Dr. Lauren A. Schnaper and Dr. James Carlton
- Mr. and Mrs. Stephen T. Scott
- Dr. Howard and Barbara Siegel
- Faith and Nathaniel Thomas
- Steven and Audrey Thomas
- Dr. Harold J. Tucker and Dr. Roberta Tucker
- Dr. Ron and Lissen Tutrone
- Mr. and Mrs. Michael E. Yaggy, Esq.