The browser you are using is not supported. Please consider using a modern browser.
This new 3-story addition to the main hospital will feature two acute care units containing 60 patient rooms. The new patient rooms are twice the size and feature advanced technology that will benefit patients, families, and medical teams.
I Am Part of the Promise.
“ GBMC has a longstanding commitment to excellence, delivering the best care to everyone. This building is an effort to push the envelope, continue to be a leader in care delivery and set a standard for others to follow. ”Donor Story
Melvin S. Blanchard, MD, FACP, Chair of Medicine at GBMC HealthCare, and his wife, Erica N. Johnson, MD, an Infectious Disease Specialist, Program Director of the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center and Assistant Professor of Medicine, met because of their shared roles as educators. When the opportunity to support GBMC’s capital campaign, The Promise Project, presented itself, they saw it as an extension of the relationship-based, patient-centered care delivery method they consistently stress with their residents.
The Promise I Make ...
“ To make sure I adhere to GBMC’s vision, I write down at least one accomplishment or moment of joy that I experienced during the workday. That helps me remember that even though the accomplishment or moment may have been small, it was impactful for our patients. ”Donor Story
“To make sure I adhere to GBMC’s vision, I write down at least one accomplishment or moment of joy that I experienced during the workday. That helps me remember that even though the accomplishment or moment may have been small, it was impactful for our patients.”
Space to be Surrounded by Loved Ones.
Click and drag Drag to pan around the room.
The Most Advanced Facility of its Kind.
As we plan for the optimization of our hospital, we are incorporating lessons learned as a result of COVID-19. Now, we will also have the most advanced facility for large-scale emergencies. We will come out of this stronger and more prepared than before as we build on GBMC’s strengths, together.
GBMC is Your Hospital.
Today, GBMC remains the only community-owned hospital in Baltimore. Our intentional decision to remain independent is paramount to our mission and our promise to deliver the best healthcare at a better cost that meets the needs of our entire community, at all levels of income. Now is our time to build even stronger.
Making Our Vision a Reality.
We are determined for our promise to stand the test of time. But we can not do it alone. We are all a part of the promise. And now is our time to build even stronger.
Become Part of the Promise.
Now is the time for us to build on our existing strength together. By donating and volunteering, you can become a part of the promise for generations to come.Donate Now
Naming, Principal Funding, and Sponsorship Opportunities are available. Leadership gifts can be paid over an agreeable timeframe within five years to support GBMC.Contact Us
The Promise Project would not be possible without the following individuals, organizations and foundations. We thank them for their generosity and vision.
- Theodore and Kristin Bauer
- Charles T. Bauer Charitable Foundation
- Sandra and Malcolm Berman
- Milton J. Dance Jr. Endowment, Inc.
- GBMC Volunteer Auxiliary
- Fran and Mark Harris
- Estate of William C. Higinbothom
- The Kahlert Foundation, Inc.
- The Bob & Renee Parsons Foundation
- Presbyterian Eye, Ear, and Throat Charity Hospital
- Mr. and Mrs. Richard F. Price
- Mrs. Eleanor Requard
- Ruth Carol Fund
- David D. Smith Family Foundation
- Women's Hospital Foundation
- Kurt and Jeanne Aarsand
- Anonymous (3)
- Nancy and Preston Athey
- Mr. and Mrs. Robert Aumiller
- Ellen and Ed Bernard
- The Bond-Burdette-Tompkins Family
- Sana and Andy Brooks
- Brown Advisory
- Drs. Tracey and John Chessare
- Dr. Mary Louise and Mr. Carville Collins
- Ms. Valerie Price Davis
- Betty H. Dempster
- Mr. and Mrs. Daniel F. Dent
- Jerry and Michele Focas
- Louis and Phyllis Friedman Foundation, Inc.
- Mr. and Mrs. Donald A. Greenawalt Jr.
- Dr. and Mrs. Francis C. Grumbine
- Mr. and Mrs. Frederick M. Hudson
- Dr. and Mrs. Victor Khouzami
- Ms. Jocelyn McCausland
- Riggs, Counselman, Michaels & Downes, Inc.
- Brian and Mary Jo Rogers
- Dr. and Mrs. John R. Saunders Jr.
- James and Jacqueline Stradtner
- T. Rowe Price Foundation, Inc.
- Marion G. Thompson
- Mr. Robert A. Wright
- Philip A. Zaffere Foundation, Inc.
- Delbert and Gina Adams
- Mr. and Mrs. Herbert J. Belgrad
- Heidi Kenny-Berman, Esq. and Mr. Steve L. Berman
- Laurie Reynolds Beyer
- Dr. Melvin S. Blanchard and Dr. Erica N. Johnson
- Blavatt Glazer Cogan Foundation Inc.
- Board of Lady Managers of the Presbyterian Eye, Ear & Throat Charity Hospital
- Thomas and Barbara Bozzuto
- Wallace H. Campbell & Company, Inc.
- Drs. Paul and Shivaun Celano
- The Charlesmead Foundation
- Mr. and Mrs. Gordon D. Christmyer
- Terry and Jenny Coldiron
- Howard P. Colhoun Family Foundation
- Mr. and Mrs. Beverley C. Compton Jr.
- Dr. Margaret A. Cyzeski
- Drs. Robert and Laura Donegan
- DPR Construction
- Dr. Kelly Ellis and Mr. Shawn Ellis
- Dr. Laura M. Erdman and Mr. Ronald Erdman
- Dr. Roluardo L. Falcon-Melendez
- Mr. and Mrs. Charles C. Fenwick Jr.
- Dr. Kevin S. Ferentz and Lisa Ferentz, LCSW-C, DAPA
- First National Bank
- Dr. and Mrs. John L. Flowers
- GBMC Medical Staff
- GBMC Ophthalmology Educational Foundation, Inc.
- Mrs. Patricia Gordes
- J. Christopher Greenawalt, MD
- Lexie and John Greene
- Gregory Foundation Fund of Baltimore Community Foundation
- Benjamin H. Griswold, IV
- Dr. Charles A. Haile and Ms. Katherine Nelson
- Huether-McClelland Foundation
- Dr. Lillian Hunter and Mr. David Hunter
- Dr. JoAnn Z. Ioannou
- Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson
- Ms. Rodica I. Johnson
- Dr. and Mrs. Brian Kaplan
- Kimberly Kesler O'Rourke, MD
- Pedie and Robert Killebrew
- Kenneth and Nancy Klueh
- Dr. Theda C. Kontis and Dr. David E. Tunkel
- Judy and Peter Blum Kovler Foundation
- KPMG, LLP
- Mr. and Mrs. Timothy L. Krongard
- Sarellen and Dr. Marshall Levine
- Shirley Z. Lewis
- Mr. Thomas H. Maddux, III
- Susan F. Martielli
- State of Maryland
- Stacey L. McGreevy
- Dr. and Mrs. James Mersey
- Mr. and Mrs. Anthony Milando
- Patricia J. Mitchell
- Robin Motter-Mast, DO
- Mr. and Mrs. Edwin R. Mowbray, III
- Mr. J. William Murray
- Dr. Geoffrey Neuner
- Mr. Ashton Newhall
- Thomas and Lynne O'Donnell
- Dr. Robert and Patricia Palermo
- Anna-Maria and Ray Palmer
- Dr. W. Anthony and Jeanne Riley
- Dr. and Mrs. Francis Rotolo
- Dr. Lauren A. Schnaper and Dr. James Carlton
- Mr. and Mrs. Stephen T. Scott
- Dr. Howard and Barbara Siegel
- Faith and Nathaniel Thomas
- Steven and Audrey Thomas
- Dr. Harold J. Tucker and Dr. Roberta Tucker
- Dr. Ron and Lissen Tutrone
- Mr. and Mrs. Michael E. Yaggy, Esq.